Monday, April 27, 2009

MEISJE!!!!!

Wednesday, I was home sick. YUCK! I felt awful, and my throat hurt, and I had a fever of 103. So, I laid down to take a nap. I woke up to a gross gagging noise. Miss Meisje the troublemaker was at it again. I woke up and put on my glasses. Arrgh! What was she chewing on this time?

She had an empty bottle of "Gorilla Glue" that she was knawing on. Meisje had eaten it all. Meisje performed miracles to get the glue. It was in a closet behind a closed door on the top shelf. That mini acrobat of dog not only had to climb up to the top shelf to get it, but she had to open the door.

I called the Vet, and was told to rush her in. Meisje's vet came into the exam room quickly. She took some x-rays and confirmed the mass in her stomach and intestines. Meisje needed surgery, and her Vet wanted a special Veterinary Surgeon to do the operation. We drove across town to the Surgeon's office. Meisje was immediately taken into the operating room. The mass that was removed from her belly was about twice the size of my fist. It looked like the inside of a Nerf ball, but felt like volcanic rock. Poor baby-dog! Her belly has an almost foot long incision.

Meisje had to have medication every two hours for several days. She was on pain medication and an acid reducer. She moved to every four hours over the weekend. Last night she moved to a much nicer schedule for me -- every eight hours for another week. In ten days, she will have a check-up to see if her staples can be removed.
She has to be the world's luckiest dog. Meisje is healing well now. She is back to her normal playful-self. She now has a dozen or so extra staples in her belly, her stomach stitched, and sutures in her abdominal wall too. We had to bring the addition of an e-collar (which she HATES) to keep her from pulling them out the staples.

Meisje has a new cow toy to console her during the healing process. Meisje likes it because it moos. I like it because there are no eyes to pull out.

Meisje when she got home:






A close-up of her belly:




Ok Mom, GET ME OUT OF THIS!!!




Another picture of Meisje with the dreaded E-Collar:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Meisje - we are so glad you are okay and thank GOODNESS your mama has pet insurance. The insurance company is going to create a special MEISJE CLAUSE in the next contract if you keep this up!!!
sending you and your mom big hugs and love from Texas,
Nancy and the fattypugs

Cyndi's Blog said...

Poor baby! Poor Momma! So much for getting the rest you needed when you were sick. What a tramatic experience! Good thing you got pet insurance!! Are you alright? Let me know if you need anything besides lots of prayer! Miss you! Cyndi

Cammie said...

OMG!!! I am so glad Meisje is okay, and that you were home when this happened! How scary! Please give her some big hugs and kisses from Auntie Cammie and the Seattle Pack!!