Friday, November 14, 2008

A new job for Kristen


The economy has been slow, and its effects are being felt in Utah too. Bullfrog had to go through lay-offs. They did not want to, but times have been hard not only in the US, but throughout the world. When so many people have such a hard time financially, I can certainly understand why not as many hot tubs were being sold. On 10/30, I was laid off.

Thursday I interviewed with CCI Mechanical for a job in their accounting department. I must have impressed them. :-) Right after I interviewed I dashed off to Provo to spend the day with my sister Mijken and her cute six-month-old Sully. I got some incredible news while I was there. I was offered the job. I got to share this moment with Mijken. It was so very exciting.

Naturally, I was really worried when it was announced to me that I would be out of a job. I am so grateful for this new opportunity. It came about very quickly, and I won't have to work two jobs to take care of myself and the dog. The good Lord does provide, and many prayers have been answered. All-in-all, I was laid off just long enough to get rid of a bad cold and get some good snuggle time in with Meisje the pup. THANK GOODNESS!

2 comments:

The Hathcock 3 said...

CONGRATS!!! We are so glad for you!

Unknown said...

Kristen, I am glad you found a new job quickly and hope it turns into a long-term success for you. That is such a good sign that they are investing in your future. Hug little Meisje for me and tell her that her puggy friends in Texas send their love!
xxooo